Sunday, October 6, 2013

First and Goal

Almost made it. Got to within one section of flex track from the helix. Found enough rail joiners this time around but ran out of code 55. I have track left, but not full length sections. I'd rather go buy some more of those at the LHS. I've got some glue drying at the helix/approach joint si I would have to wait anyway. "Golden Spike" will be driven in the next few days. Then all the fun begins. Have to wire in the DCC power supplies and controllers. This includes the handheld throttles and the "LocoNet" installation. I'll need to add DCC to a few more locomotives. So far only three have decoders.

I decided that the first train to "circumnavigate" the layout will be a Bachmann EMC gas-electric decorated as a Sperry Rail Service car...
Sperry Rail Service #129
I had originally purchased the doodlebug for branch line service, but can't resist bashing one of these rarely modeled "beauties". Once the Sperry makes it over all four mainlines and points out the problems I'll make some adjustments and try running some real trains.

Some shots of the last few hours...

Ballast Strip, Gallitzin

Ballast Strip, Helix Approach

Eastbound Mains, Gallitzin

Westbound Mains, Gallitzin

Gallitzin From Williamson Curve

One Track Length To Go

Almost there.

Regards,
Frank Musick
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Allegheny Eastern Railroad


No comments:

Post a Comment