Sunday, March 3, 2013

Ad Nauseum

About a year ago I shut down the original Mile Post 15 blog. I had some reason for doing so, and that reason is gone now (Ah a mystery!). I thought I had deleted the blogs and regretted doing so, thinking they were gone forever. After 90 days (I think) of deactivation Google deletes any blog. I naturally assumed that I did not keep a backup of any kind. I usually forget to do such things.

I was wrong. I'm smarter than I give myself credit for. I did have a backup and unfortunately for the readers, Google allows the import of the backup file.

The blog was a continuation of a series of articles on my website www.kelticsylk.info. I've been recording the progress (or lack thereof) of the Allegheny Eastern since 2007. Between this blog, the Layout Engineering Reports on Railwire, and the website you can pretty much find a "comprehensive" history of the evolution of the All East. Documented for all to see are the triumphs and tragedies, forward strides and downhill tumbles of designing, building, re-designing, re-building ad nauseum of the Agg. It's a detailed account of how many different ways one man can waste a perfectly good garage.

In other news, I'm still working on the helix. I finally listened to some of the advice from other modelers and decided to use a more permanent fixative for the track. While the diluted tacky glue might work for holding ballast (we shall see), trackwork may not be a good application. I decided that it would not withstand the years of expansion and contraction the layout will be exposed to in the garage. I pulled up the track, very easily I might add, and relayed it with Titebond, a glue used for wood work. It's a bit tougher than plain white glue and somewhat water resistant.


So while you wait for the next installment and some real progress you might want to waste some time perusing the past...The restored blog entries below, the Railwire threads Here and There, or the All East progress reports at the website.

Regards,
Frank Musick
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Allegheny Eastern Railroad

No comments:

Post a Comment