Monday, February 25, 2013

In Review

I have discovered that a blogger really should take the time to read his own blog. Not so much for the ego  as in "What a wonderful writer I am" (okay, maybe a little), but more because you get to see what the readers see. I would realize, for instance, that I used the word "their" when I met "there" or "through" when I meant "throw". After living almost 60 years in America, you would think I'd learn the language.

I'd also see that I repeat myself. How many images of the R2 can I post anyway. I would think people get the general idea pretty quickly and don't need to have it hammered home. I guess I was trying to show the various phases the model was going through (used the right word that time).

Progress on the "Agg" (a right proper nickname, don't you think?) has been incredibly slow now that the track plan has crystallized and track is going down "permanently" (seems a rather loose term when applied to the All East). I'm taking time to make sure this incarnation is right. No more throwing down the track with nails in a few days. Now I know why it took over twenty years for John Allen to almost complete the Gorre & Daphetid.

I'm also surprised at how many folks actually read this. While it's not on par with the Wall Street Journal, it does get more views than I ever expected. I suspect most of them are members of the Railwire forum. I've only been a member myself for a short time. Didn't even know it existed until Dave Vollmer accidentally found my website and invited me on board. And yes, Dave, this is a blatant case of name dropping. It's not often you get e-mail from one of your heroes. Many of the guys (and girls) over at Railwire are modelers I have seen in model magazines or online and I admire them. I won't list them all. How much kissing up can one guy do? I do wish to thank you all very much!

Now that the brown nosing is out of the way it's time to get around to the actual reason I posted this epistle. Trackwork on the Allegheny Eastern has been incredibly slow. At this point only Track 4 is completed between Harrowgate and Tunnel Hill. There is also an observable lack of progress on the connecting helix. Management assigned a team of engineers to inspect the right of way and suggest a remedy for these issues...

Their submitted report contained only one sentence with this photo attached...

Highly recommend review of hiring process!!!

With tongue in cheek,
Frank Musick
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Allegheny Eastern Railroad




No comments:

Post a Comment