Thursday, September 26, 2013

Back in the Saddle

I was able to get the roadbed for the passenger mains straight after a bit of adjustment. It involved running to the end of the layout and checking how things were lining up. Only took about sixteen tries. It was worth it though. There are now four reasonably parallel "tracks" running through Juniata...

Juniata

Now If Only I can Get the Track This Straight
Once I got that roadbed straightened out the strip went down pretty quick. In a short while I had laid strips all the way to Brickyard, the first 180 degree curve...
Looking Back to Juniata From Brickyard

Climbing The Hill I laid the two outside strips, lining them flush with the outside of the roadbed. The inner strips were laid by eyeballing the spacing...
Heading Towards Wikes Curve from Brickyard




Within a few hours I managed to lay ballast strip to the future location of KN tower. We're about 50 track feet from Spruce Creek, about a third of the way around the layout...
Wikes Curve Toward Horseshoe

KN Tower
The time I spent includes cutting a fresh batch of ballast strips. I used those up and had to stop for the day.

The next day I cut a whole new batch of cork. A few hours later I had ballast strip laid for all four tracks all the way to the summit...


Horseshoe
Bennington


Gallitzin
Track work begins at Forge Curve just west of Spruce Creek. Should start tomorrow.

Regards,
Frank Musick
Chief Cook and Bottle Washer
Allegheny Eastern Railway









No comments:

Post a Comment